This is the second in a collection of newspaper ads from United Technologies that appeared in the Wall Street Journal from the late 1970s through the early 1980s.
Each one of the ads was a classic, and as soon as I start reading one of the ads now, it all comes back to me, over 30 years later.
Here’s the ad, titled “Get Out of That Rut”; click on the ad to read it full screen.
- start reading, and writing, a blog
- take an online class
- open a Twitter account, and start tweeting
- use the Shuffle feature on your iPhone when listening to music
- create, edit, and share a video on YouTube
- use Duck Duck Go as your search engine
- play 18 holes of Tiger Woods golf
- learn to program in Java
- skip work and watch a movie using Netflix
- go vegan for 30 days
After all, #YOLO.