It was a deadly night in Philadelphia this past Tuesday, with five people killed in five separate shootings.
- In the 2400 block of North Hollywood Street, a 31-year-old male was shot once in the chest around 8:30 p.m. and pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital 20 minutes later.
- A 21-year-old man died of a gunshot wound to the neck in the 2100 block of North Van Pelt Street.
- In West Philadelphia, a 22-year-old man was shot in the 1400 block of North Vodges Street about 8:20 p.m. and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.
- In East Falls, a man was shot to death around 9:30 p.m. in the 3100 block of Abbottsford Avenue.
- In South Philadelphia, a man in his mid-20s was shot and killed around 8 p.m. at 23rd and Morris Streets.
The common thread here is the weapon used – a gun.
Let’s not have another Terrible Tuesday.