Every year, when I get to a certain part in one of my courses, I tell the only joke that I know about finance/accounting:
- What’s the difference between a guy and a bond?
- Bonds mature
So this past year when I told it, I felt it had loste, the Internet was some of its appeal, or maybe it was all in the delivery.
o I decided to see if I could find some new jokes realted to teh noble profession of accounting. And as you can imagine, the Internet was more than willing to help with such a quest.
I soon realized that I could be reading accounting jokes fro the next few days If I checked out every link and read every joke. As a result, I just took at the jokes on the first site I came across, and I thought I’d share a few of my favorites:
- What do you call a trial balance that doesn’t balance? A late night.
- It’s accrual world.
- Where do homeless accountants live? In a tax shelter.
Four Laws of Accounting
- Trial balances don’t.
- Bank reconciliations never do.
- Working capital does not.
- Return on investments never will.
- What do you call a financial controller who always works through lunch, takes two days holiday every two years, is in the office every weekend, and leaves every night after 10 p.m.? Lazy.
- Have you heard the joke about the interesting accountant? No. Me neither.
- If an accountant’s wife cannot sleep, what does she say? “Darling, could you tell me about your work.”
- There are 3 types of accountants. Those who can count and those who can’t.
I think that’s enough tomfoolery for now, and I’m sure you need a break from your hysterical laughing.
P.S. In keeping with the concept of full disclosure, I need to point out that I did use a second site for some of the jokes shown above…